Job: Retail Banking
- Primary Location: Asia-Bangladesh-Dhaka
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- Provide sales and service to the bank’s prospective and / or existing client over the phone.
- Provide service to the Client in accordance with the approved Department Operating Instruction and applicable Delegation of Authority.
- Meet the business objectives against assigned strategic thresholds.
- Ensure client focus and need-based selling to clients.
- Maximize penetration using bank’s available product suite.
- Capitalize on cross-sell opportunities
- Collaborate with team members to achieve the common objective
- Achieve the set business strategic thresholds
- Participate in Sales Calls and offer suitable products
- Retain clients who wants to attrite
- Provide effort to ensure need-based selling
- Provide services as per the approved Department Operating Instructions and applicable Delegation of Authority.
- Respond to the client on their required queries subject to proper authentication of the client.
- Be Responsive and ensure responsible selling
- Practice appropriate sales and marketing skill
- Continuously provide feedback to the Manager of the acceptance of the products in the market and suggested changes that could provide momentum to the sales efforts and service excellence.
- Manage Client Complaints appropriately (if any)
People and Talent
- Treat colleagues fairly
- Ensure error free instruction processing and information sharing with customer
- Adhere to the schedule and ensure efficiency in productivity.
- Ensure escalation of H&S related issues in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures and comply with local regulatory requirements
- Ensure best effort to protect bank’s and client’s interest against fraud/ mis-selling
- Attend training, acquire relevant knowledge, and apply to job function
- Comply with all applicable money laundering, sanctions and bribery and corruption prevention procedures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Bangladesh Client Centre Inbound Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country V&V
- Other CPBB teams
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in V&V Inbound team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree from reputed educational institution
- Banking diploma is preferable
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Conversation style and / or interaction with clients.
- Strong selling and inter-personal skills required to convince clients and selling bank’s products.
- Creativity in terms of meeting client demands with existing products.
- Initiative and drive to achieve strategic thresholds and service standards.
- Adherence level to Bank’s policies and procedures
- Ability to meet all scorecard parameters
About Standard Chartered We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers