If you know anything about fur coats, fur jackets, or other fur accessories, you know the type of luxurious look it gives you and how it makes you feel. There is nothing like draping a beautiful fur coat over your arms or shoulders and parading your classy wardrobe choice around town.
When many people think of fur coats, fur hats, or any accessory that has to do with fur, the immediate assumption is that it’s made from fox fur, rabbit fur, or any other popular fur that is typically found on fur coats.
However, there are many more different types of fur and pelts that are made into beautiful, soft, and fashionable coats and jackets that you can find. Wearing furs and pelts that aren’t as common, can make you stand out from the crowd.
So why buy a shearling coat or vest compared to all other fur choices? Compared to all the other available fur options, it comes down to the overall look and overall feel. Outerwear made with shearling is strong, durable, and rugged, more so compared to any other material or fur available. Compared to other down coats that you can find made with duck or goose, shearling is much, much warmer.
If you are wearing your shearling jacket in the rain or snow, all you need to do is let it dry in a room temperature space and it should be good as new. This type of pelt does not require a lot of extra attention compared to other furs like fox or rabbit. However, you should be properly taking care of your shearling coats and jackets for them to last as long as possible and maintain their look years after the first time it’s worn.
However, a shearling jacket requires specific care compared to other types of fur jackets. If you want your shearling garment to look as good as new for years to come, follow these few easy steps and you’ll be on your way!
Steps to Caring for Your Shearling Jacket
– Never wash your jacket in the washer or dry it in the dryer. This will absolutely ruin a shearling coat or jacket. Most jackets made from shearling need to either be dry cleaned or air dried. The washer and dryer is far too rough for the delicate shearling pelt.
– Clean the jacket as it gets dirty. The longer you wait to clean the jacket from any dirt or grime that gets on it, the more difficult it will be to clean it down the road. Small cleanings are ideal.
– Keep the jacket away from flame or direct high heat. High heat or open flames can damage the leather and compromise the quality of the shearling.
– Avoid keeping the jacket in sunlight for too long. Prolonged exposure to sunlight can actually bleach the shearling.
– When wet, let the jacket fully air-dry
– Store in a cloth garment bag to allow air to pass through the jacket
Now, that may seem like a lot of upkeep for one jacket, but properly caring for your beautiful shearling coat or jacket is worth the constant upkeep. This type of leather and pelt is extremely unique, and should be taken care of as such. If you’re in the market for a new shearling coat or jacket, find them at Maximilian.
Find the best quality shearling jackets from none other than Maximilian. Their online and in-store inventory has a great selection of shearling and other fur coats that will not disappoint. Any of the coats, other outerwear, or other accessories from Maximilian would be a perfect addition to any outfit, no matter the occasion.
For more information about reversible fur coat and Fox Fur Hooded Coat Please visit: Maximilian/BC International Group, Inc.